Thursday, January 6, 2011

Vimtutor

Today I thought was ready to star the python lessons but there was a problem. This problem was that I didn't know that much of (vim) and what is that vim is an editor.  
I was following the tutorial which is (vimtutor) you type this in the terminal.
k - make the cursor go up.
l - make it goes to the left.
j - make it goes down.
h - make it goes to the right.
also I learn that the letter (x) and (dw) is to delete a character is the same like the (Delete) or (Backspace) keys.
Here was something more interesting that I learn today that is (d$), this will delete an entire phrase. There is (dw) that will delete the word where the cursor is on.
Tomorrow I will read the lesson 2.3, thats the lesson I stop.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! If you use vim for all you editing needs from now on, you will soon be very good at using it.

    ReplyDelete